Thursday, August 19, 2010

Indianapolis Part Two

While in Indiana, I expected to see this:


Lucas Oil Stadium, Home of Indianapolis Colts and Peyton Manning

I was excited to discover this:



Canal & White River State Park - Indianapolis' cultural district with scenic canal walkways, filled with sculptures, fountains, and gardens. Businesses and homes are built along the canal and the walkway is filled with pedestrians, bicyclists, and runners. It was so beautiful and so unexpected.


But, the REAL SURPRISE, and something I didn't expect was this:


Lady Gaga was in Indianapolis the very same night as I was!!!

I couldn't believe it. I am such a big fan and I knew she was on tour, but what were the odds of here being there the same night as me?!? I sooooooo wanted to go - it felt like fate. So I went to the box office to see what kind of seats were still available (crappy). Marc was totally behind me going, but in the end, I passed. I kept telling myself that I needed to get to bed early so I wouldn't be trashed for the long car ride ahead. (But I also didn't have anything FABULOUS to wear and nobody FABULOUS to go with. And that is the whole point of going to GAGA anyway! To be FABULOUS. Because GAGA is (yes, you guessed it) FABULOUS. And if I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it right...)

So this was as close as I got to the stage that night:


Here I am at the back entrance with some cheeky security guy. Lady Gaga's dancers had just gone in (they all oozed FABULOUSNESS, even out of costume) and I was hoping to get a pic with one of them, but security was tight. So much so that he wouldn't leave his post so I could take a picture. I guess he was afraid that I might jump the fence, make a break for the locked gate and try to break my way in backstage.

He might have been right...

1 comment:

Katrina said...

I wish you would have called us while you were in Indy! You could have stayed with us. Those pictures are in our neck of the woods now! Send me an email and I will give you our new information (katrinajguymon@yahoo.com). How is South Carolina?