Wednesday, September 23, 2009

What's in a name?

That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet.
(William Shakespeare)


Here in the Midwest many things go by different names than what I'm used to.

What I grew up calling Best Foods mayonnaise is called Hellmann's.

"Bring out your [insert appropriate name] and bring out the best!"

Same company, same mayo, different name. The bread we buy has THREE different aliases!!! West Coast hippies eat OROWEAT,


Midwestern farmers choose BROWNBERRY,


and East Coast sophisticates prefer ARNOLD.


It can get a little confusing, can't it?

At least our bottled water company is kind enough to provide a map!



I guess, like William Shakespeare so eloquently said, sometimes the name doesn't matter. You're getting the same thing regardless of what it's called.

And then again, sometimes a name makes all the difference...


SEAN

KYLE

8 comments:

naomi said...

oh my goodness! sean is a mini-me of kyle!

Kiki said...

they are DARLING!

Karen E. said...

Don't forget Dreyer's (west) and Edy's (east)!

SeeCampbell said...

Those pictures of kyle and sean are sooo stinkin' cute! I love it!

The Ricks said...

Okay, I'm glad Sean is living very far away because if he wasn't I would become one of those crazy ladies that kidnaps babies. When I see a picture like that I can totally see why they do it...

Anonymous said...

Oh my word! You are going to have to make sure you label all your photos!

They are both super super super super cute.

Brett and Ui said...

SOOOOOO cute! Look at Sean, He is soooo cute, how can you not just give him kisses all the time. Im sad that we are missing all of the cuteness. Funny how they look so alike, except, I still think sean Looks like you when you were a baby, he has your nose too!

Tammy said...

Ah . . . you're so clever! And the mom of the cutest boys ever.