Monday, July 4, 2011

Beach Boys


We spent a week at the Outer Banks, NC. It was beautiful! The boys loved playing in the sand and the surf and Marc and I enjoyed basking in the sun and listening to the rhythmic sounds of the ocean. I was so worried that I was going to be disappointed. After all, when you grow up in Hawaii you become somewhat of a beach snob. But the Atlantic Ocean won me over. The water was clear and refreshing, (Once you got past the breaking waves, you could see fish and even your feet!), the sand was soft and clean, and the waves weren't bad either. We bought a boogie board and Kyle spent an entire day riding the waves - that's my boy! :)

While it wasn't quite Makapu'u, here's a look at Kyle in action.


I have to admit, I was one proud mama! :)

Like Kyle, Sean loved playing in the ocean and spent hours charging the waves with help from mom and dad. Here's a glimpse of our little beach bum (pun intended).


It was a perfect vacation! There was so much to do at the Outer Banks (in the next few days I'll follow up with more posts on our other adventures) but hands down, my favorite time was spent on the beach.

Wish you were here!

1 comment:

naomi said...

you've spent more time at the beach in this trip than i have in a few years! fascinating to see tiny waves on the east coast! :)