Thursday, November 12, 2009

iTunes Killed the Radio Star

In this digital music age of on-demand, commercial-free music provided by iTunes, Rhapsody, Pandora, etc., radio is falling by the wayside. Just the other day while driving in the car, Kyle asked me to replay a song we were listening to on the radio. When I told him I couldn't go back because it was "live" he was disappointed but accepted it by saying, "Well then, when we get home can you at least put in on my iPod so I can listen to it later?"

I didn't go as far as downloading the song for Kyle, but we did look it up on YouTube.

This isn't the song Kyle requested, but here is one of music videos we pulled up on YouTube, "Here It Goes Again" by OK GO, which is always a hit in our house. If you haven't seen it before (and even if you have) I guarantee, it'll bring a smile to your face. Happy Monday!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love that OK Go video. I heard that some kids did a version for a local high school assembly, which seems very cool.

My kids are also always thinking I can do things with technology that I can't actually do, and it's so hard to explain why I can't, since it's all just magic to them. (And to me too, for that matter.)

Jennette said...

That was fun! About halfway through Max said, "I wish we had four treadmills."

Mikilani said...

Jennette - If you had four treadmills, I bet Max and Adam could pull it off! ;)

Brett and Ui said...

Way too much time trying to get that dance down. I know what you mean Kekai likes that song..Oh what you do to me...OHHHH what you do to me..Oh Dalila.....Kekoa was even starting to sing it!