Sunday, August 30, 2009

Top o' the Morning to Ya!

I woke up Sunday morning with a horrible hangover and spent about an hour trying to figure out what to do with it so as few people as possible would notice it at Church. Unlike most people whose hangovers are a result of a long night involving heavy drinking and no food, my hangover is the result of a long nine months of heavy eating and no drinking. I'm referring to the wobbly area south of my ribcage that cheerfully spills over the top of my pants into what my sister calls a "muffin top." Do you know what I'm talking about?




Now I'm not naive - this is my second baby, after all. I was very aware that after I delivered Sean I would leave the hospital wearing the same maternity outfit that I wore into the hospital. I knew that my body wouldn't magically morph into its previous pre-pregnancy size and that it would take me a few months, even up to a year, to take off the baby weight. I even packed clothes in different bags, according to size, so I could start with a realistic-sized wardrobe and then open each bundle in decreasing order as I say goodbye to the weight.

Saturday night I decided that it was time to say goodbye to the last of the maternity clothes. I giddily ripped open the first of my packaged bundles and admired my "new" outfits. I hung them neatly in my closet and went to bed. Sunday morning, however, was like the day after Christmas. All of the excitement that I felt as I opened my gifts the night before faded as I tried on outfit after outfit and slowly realized that my clothes, despite their larger size, were not meant to accommodate a post-partum belly. *Sigh* Mom jeans, here I come!


4 comments:

naomi said...

i am so happy that you are blogging! you will drop the lbs in no time!

MandB said...

That video is awesome. I want that free applique mom's jeans vest. HOT!

SeeCampbell said...

Mikilani, 9 months up, 9 months down. That's all I can say! Of course I'm already in a size 2 after being 1 week postpartum! J/K!

SeeCampbell said...

Okay, there was something along these lines (Mom's Jeans) on my favorite crude show SCRUBS but it had to do with bathing suits. Kind of a wake up call, but SOOOO funny! Yes, we must remember that our husbands still want us to look hot even after bearing children. Keep up the good work. The last time I saw you, you looked great, so I know it will happen!